Sending Weather Data to Weather Underground
Weather Underground is a website that uses personal weather stations along with standard government based systems to provide current conditions and forecasts (more info here). You can use a ManyLabs weather station kit to send data to Weather Underground and get personalized forecasts for your location.
If you haven't already, you should setup your weather station before continuing.
Create an Account
- Type in your address or position the map so the pin is pointing at your location.
- Fill in the height of your weather station above the ground.
- Fill in the remaining station information. In the
Station Hardwareselection box choose
Link My Data.
After submitting the information you'll be given a station ID. This is the ID we'll use to send data to Weather Underground. Both the ID and the password you use to log on to Weather Underground are case sensitive.
Connect Your Data
For now, you'll need python 2 and pyserial. Soon, our server will send the data for you.
- Download the WireGarden weather code here.
- Configure the settings in weatherSettings.txt
- Run weatherStation.py. This must be in the same directory as weatherSettings.txt
If you have any problems or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org