Linear and Rotational Actuators
This project page describes prototype linear and rotational actuators. They can be used for any purpose that requires slow movement of light-weight hardware.
We will explore using the actuators for timelapse photography. For this application, an Arduino will alternate between moving the camera a small step and triggering the camera shutter.
After some further development and testing, we will sell a kit version of this project.
- 0.5" acme threaded rod and nuts
- 0.5" steel precision shaft
- nylon bushings
- timing belt and timing belt pulleys
- laser-cut plastic
- 9-12V DC motors
- L brackets
- rubber feet
- bolts, nuts, and machine screws
- limit switches
- Arduino and Grove shield
- Grove Motor Shield
- Grove OLED display
- IR emitter/detector pairs
- Grove buttons and knobs
- printed encoder wheel patterns
- plastic enclosure for Arduino, motor driver, and batteries
- wire ties
This was just a prototype. We haven't produced a final version yet, but hopefully will in the future. At that point we'll provide assembly instructions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have assembly questions.