This page describes how to set up a portable data recorder using the Sodaq board. We provide a sample sketch that stores sensor values in the board's flash memory and allows the data to be retrieved later.
Prepare your Board
- Connect the button to D2/D3 (not switched).
- Connect the knob to A0/A1 (not switched).
- Connect the light sensor to A2/A3 (not switched).
- Plug in the Sodaq board using a USB Mini-B cable.
- Turn the power switch to on.
- Send the Simple Data Recorder sketch to your Arduino.
Be sure to select
PDR / SODAQfrom the microcontroller list.
- Turn on the board.
- Hold down the button for two seconds to begin recording. The red LED will flash each time it stores a new record.
- If you'd like to see the sensor values, connect to the board using the Arduino Console.
- After your recording is complete, turn the board off and on stop the recording.
- Visit the Arduino Import Tool to retrieve the data from the flash memory.