Solar Power Measurement
This page describes how to set up a solar panel for power measurement.
- Arduino Uno
- Grove shield
- Solar panel with alligator clips
- Current sensor with Grove connector and A/B/C connections
- Grove cable
These components (minus the Arduino) can be found in this kit.
- If necessary, remove the clear plastic covering from the solar panel.
- Clip the black alligator clip from the solar panel to the screw on the current
- Clip the red alligator clip from the solar panel to the screw on the current
- Connect the current sensor to one of the I2C pins on the Grove shield.
Next you'll need to load the WireGarden sketch on your Arduino. You can use the
Arduino Programmer tool.
Make sure that the INA219 device (that's our current sensor) is enabled.
To do that click on
Options in the Arduino Programmer and make sure there's a
check next to
Enable INA219 Current Sensor. Then select your Arduino type and
port and click
Send to Arduino.
Using the Kit
You can use the Sensor Plotter
tool to get live readings from the current sensor. Select
Add Sensor then
If you have any trouble, email firstname.lastname@example.org.