Test Tube Color Sensor
This page describes how to set up a test tube color sensor.
The kit includes the following items:
- Grove shield for Arduino
- Arduino base plate, mounting hardware, and rubber feet
- two 50 cm Grove cables
- temperature probe
- RGB color sensor
- white LED
- laser cut parts for test tube color sensor
- nuts, bolts, and rubber feet for test tube color sensor
Prepare your Arduino
- Use the provided screws to attach the Arduino to the base plate.
- Add rubber feet to the base plate:
- Attach the Grove shield to the Arduino. Be sure to line up the pins properly.
Assemble Test Tube Color Sensor
Note: if your laser-cut parts have paper covering, use a knife to peel it off.
Also note: some kits come with parts for multiple test tube sizes.
- Place the rubber feet on one side of the bottom plate:
- If needed, bend the white LED so that it points out from the flat side of its circuit board:
- Attach the LED unit to this side plate:
- Attach the color sensor to the other side plate:
- Use masking tape to hold the parts together:
- Add the top plate:
- Add the LED unit and screws:
- In order to make a measurement, place the test tube inside the completed sensor module:
- Place the cover over the test tube:
Using the Kit
- Try the Test Tube Color Sensor Lab
If you have any trouble, email email@example.com.