We're designing a portable system for measuring water pollution. It includes sensors for dissolved oxygen, salinity, temperature, pH, and clarity/turbidity.
The system measures turbidity using a plastic tube with a bright LED at one end of the tube and an RGB color/light sensor at the other end of the tube. The tube is designed to allow entry of water but not light.
- pH board and probe (Sparky's Widgets)
- EC board and probe (Sparky's Widgets)
- dissolved oxygen board and probe (Atlas Scientific)
- digital color/light sensor (Atlas Scientific)
- large white LED
- plastic tube and end caps
- large metal washers
- SODAQ board
- Grove OLED display
- battery pack
- power switch
- assorted mounting hardware
- wire ties
- plastic case for SODAQ and batteries
We are currently exploring alternatives for DO and EC controller boards. Once those are ready, we'll provide detailed assembly instructions. Meanwhile contact email@example.com if you have requests or suggestions for water sensing.
Here is tube for the water color/turbidity sensor:
Here is the LED unit:
Here is the sensor unit: